Test Match Hotel, West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire
This public house was built in 1938 by A. C. Wheeler for Hansons Ltd of Kimberley. It is an highly distinctive public house of the 1930s and an early example of public house 'theme-ing'. This was the first public house licensed in West Bridgford in the twentieth century and much expense was undertaken to develop a high-quality, well-fitted establishment. The near-complete survival of the 1930s plan and accompanying fittings is now extremely rare.