The Almshouses, Church Lane, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
These almshouses were originally founded as "All Christian Souls' House" in 1501. They were founded by Stephen Hellard, rector of Stevenage. They were rebuilt in 1809 after a major fire in 1807. The fire was spreading along the street and so the old almshouses were deliberately demolished to stop the fire spreading even further.