The Bayle Gate, Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire
A large square castellated gatehouse, with an arched entrance and postern (smaller doorway). This was the main entrance to the Priory. It was built circa 1388 when Richard II licensed the Prior to crenellate. It is the only one of the Priory building to remain, apart from the nave of the church. It was restored in the 1930s and has been used as a museum.