The Court House, 110 High Street, Sittingbourne, Kent

The Court House, 110 High Street, Sittingbourne, Kent
Photograph taken 15 August 1999 © Mr Phil Callow. Source Historic England Archive ref: 175767

This timber-framed building dating from around 1450 was the Mediaeval Court Hall of Milton. It had 2 prison cells beneath. It was also used as a school when there were no courts. It has been restored and is now in use as a museum.

Location

Kent Sittingbourne

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

education school crime court law order Medieval (1066 - 1484)