The Court House, Morpeth, Northumberland

The Court House, Morpeth, Northumberland
Photograph taken 16 August 1999 © Mr David J Wilkinson LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 238702

This building was built in 1822-8. It was designed to be both a court house and an entrance to the jail. It is very similar to the court house at Lancaster Castle. The jail was demolished in 1891.

Location

Northumberland Morpeth

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

court jail gatehouse Georgian (1714 - 1836)