The Court House, The Village Street, Pevensey, East Sussex
This building is probably mediaeval but was refaced with cement in the 19th century .From the early 13th century Pevensey was an associated member of the Cinque Ports, as a part of Hastings. It had its own Corporation until 1886. This building comprised the Court Hall or Town Hall on the first floor and a lock-up on ground floor. A tablet on the building records that "From Norman days the Mayor, Jurats and Communalty held their courts here".