The Cross Bath, Bath Street, Bath, Bath and North East Somerset

The Cross Bath, Bath Street, Bath, Bath and North East Somerset
Photograph taken 08 June 2007 © Mr John Chester. Source Historic England Archive ref: 442195

One of the baths in the city providing access to the mineral waters for swimming and health treatments. The original bath on this site was built by the Romans. This building was rebuilt by Thomas Baldwin in the style of Robert Adam around 1789 and has recently been restored.

Location

Bath and North East Somerset Bath

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

bath spa swimming health leisure mineral water georgian (1714 - 1836)