The Guildhall, Market Place, Lavenham, Suffolk
An early 16th century timber-framed building. It was the hall of the Guild of Corpus Christi, which was founded in 1529. It was also one of the 4 medieval guilds of Lavenham. In the 18th and 19th centuries it was used as the parish's lock up and workhouse. It was restored by Sir Cuthbert Quilter in 1911. It still is one of the finest examples of half timbering in this part of the country.