The Keep Military Museum, Bridport Road, Dorchester, Dorset
The Keep was originally the gatehouse for the Depot Barracks of the Dorsetshire Regiment as well as the County Armoury. It was built in 1879 of Portland stone which gives it a white appearance. It was designed to resemble a Norman Castle. It was the administrative centre for the Dorsetshire Regiment until 1958. Here, two soldiers stand to attention beside the entrance.