The Links, Belmont Hill, Newport, Essex

The Links, Belmont Hill, Newport,  Essex
Photograph taken 13 October 2004 © Mr Peter Richards. Source Historic England Archive ref: 409652

This building was constructed in the 18th century. Originally it was the town Bridewell and Gaol. It was later used as a weaving factory. It has now been converted into flats.

Location

Essex Newport

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

crime punishment law industry weaving Georgian (1714 - 1836)