The Market Hall, Ross on Wye, Herefordshire
The Market Hall seen from the north-east. The Market Hall was in use by 1651 and probably built by Frances Duchess of Somerset. A number of earlier buildings were removed in 1645 ready for the building of the market hall. The new building was used as a market and produce storage area on the ground floor with the upper room used from the outset as a Court Leat. In more recent times the upper room was used as a public library.