The Market House, Watchet, Somerset

The Market House, Watchet, Somerset
Photograph taken 28 July 2001 © Mr Eddy Allen. Source Historic England Archive ref: 264619

This market house was built in 1820. It replaced an earlier market house from 1805. It also has a 'lock-up' or jail located under the external stairs.

Location

Somerset Watchet

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

town hall civic jail crime punishment Georgian (1714 - 1836)