The Masonic Hall, Abbey Place, Faversham, Kent

The Masonic Hall, Abbey Place, Faversham, Kent
Photograph taken 21 March 2002 © Mr M.K Lofthouse. Source Historic England Archive ref: 175818

It was originally the Free Grammar School, founded in 1527, built in 1587 and moved to another site in 1879. It is a timber-framed building with the 1st floor overhanging on each side. The ground floor was originally open and used as a play-ground. Above was the School-room and the Master's Study.

Location

Kent Faversham

Period

Tudor (1485 - 1602)

Tags

education school hall timber frame Tudor (1485 - 1602)