The Old Court House, Caxton, Cambridgeshire

The Old Court House, Caxton, Cambridgeshire
Photograph taken 17 June 2000 © Mr Brian Jenkins LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 51100

This was formerly the divisional Magistrates Court, Police Station and Prison of Caxton. It was built in 1859 by the architect Mr Clarke for £755. Magistrates met at Caxton's Crown Inn before the court house was built. The court was still in use up to 1969. It is now a house.

Location

Cambridgeshire Caxton

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

law order justice crime punishment house court police station prison Victorian (1837 - 1901)