The Old School , Lower Road, Mackworth, Derbyshire

The Old School , Lower Road, Mackworth, Derbyshire
Photograph taken 12 March 2004 © Mr William Nicholson. Source Historic England Archive ref: 408656

This former village school dates from 1860 and was designed by William Mundy. It is built of red brick, with decorative blue brick bands, in a simple Gothic style. The building is similar in design to many English parish schools that were built between 1840 and the 1870 Education Act.

Location

Derbyshire Mackworth

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

education school design Victorian (1837 - 1901)