The Opera House, Water Street, Buxton, Derbyshire

The Opera House, Water Street, Buxton, Derbyshire
Photograph taken 17 October 2003 © Mr Ken Bourne. Source Historic England Archive ref: 463422

The Opera House was opened on 1 June 1903. It was designed by Frank Matcham and cost £25,000. It became a cinema in the 1950s. It was restored and re-opened as a theatre on 30 July 1979.

Location

Derbyshire Buxton

Period

Edwardian (1902 - 1913)

Tags

leisure entertainment edwardian (1902 - 1913)