The Oxford Music Hall, Oxford Street, Westminster, London

The Oxford Music Hall, Oxford Street, Westminster, London
Photograph taken 1893 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: BL 12092

The Oxford Music Hall on the north side of Oxford Street between A. E. Mills (the Hatter) and Goldstein's Chemical Diamonds was demolished in 1926. It was opened in 1861 by Charles Morton and converted into a theatre in 1917.

Location

Oxfordshire Oxford

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Themes

Tags

street leisure theatre shop advert