The Pagoda, Pagoda Gardens, Lewisham, Greater London
This house was formerly a pavilion attached to Montagu House. It was built in 1770-80 for the 3rd Duke and Duchess of Buccleuch. It is an exceptionally rare example of a style known as Chinoiserie (based on all things Chinese). It was probably designed by Sir William Chambers. Caroline of Brunswick lived here after her separation from the Prince Regent in 1799. Montagu House was demolished in 1815. The Pagoda was extended in the 1820s for the Legge family and in the 1850s for Lewis Glenton.