The Queen's Head, High Street, Pinner, Greater London

The Queen's Head, High Street, Pinner, Greater London
Photograph taken 1930 - 1939 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: OP16773

The Queen's Head from the south-east, showing its very large sign hanging right over the pavement. The London coach left from here in the 19th century. It used to leave The Queens Head at 7:30 am for The Bull, Holborn, returning from there at 3:30. It used to arrive back in Pinner around 6pm. Early in the 20th century the licensee Dawson Billows kept a bear in the stables, sometimes he was seen taking it out for a walk. Photographer: Arthur H Page