The Ring, Blackfriars, Southwark, London

The Ring, Blackfriars, Southwark, London
Photograph taken March 1941 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: BB43/01259

The Ring at Blackfriars was formerly the Surrey Chapel which closed in 1881. In 1910 the building was converted into a boxing arena but was destroyed by bombing during World War II.

Location

Greater London Southwark

Period

World War Two (1939 - 1945)

Tags

world war two bomb damage blitz