The Roman Bath Public House, St Sampsons Square, York
This public house was built in 1929-31, to designs by B Wilson. It includes parts of a Roman bathhouse in the cellar. The baths date to the 4th century. They were built for the VI and IX Legions of Roman soldiers. There are three Roman rooms and some hypocaust (under floor heating) left.