The Salisbury Arms Hotel, Fore Street, Hertford

The Salisbury Arms Hotel, Fore Street, Hertford
Photograph taken February 1972 © Copyright Crown copyright.NMR ref: bb74/04342

This building was recorded as The Bell Inn in 1431 but took its present name in circa 1800 when it was purchased by the Marquess of Salisbury. It also served as the Tory headquarters in the notorious election of 1832.

Location

Hertfordshire Hertford

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

1970s (1970 - 1979) timber framed jettied hotel plasterwork medieval (1066 - 1484)