The South Eastern Electricity Board, Queen's Road, Hove, Brighton and Hove

The South Eastern Electricity Board, Queen's Road, Hove, Brighton and Hove
Photograph taken 13 August 2004 © Ms Mary Allison. Source Historic England Archive ref: 365535

This former hotel was built in 1871-1874 of Yellow brick. It was originally Mr Prince's Hotel, houses and a club. David Reuben Sassoon lived at No.7 and entertained the Shah of Persia in 1889. Over the years Prince's Hotel expanded to include the whole block. Up to the 1930s it was one of the finest hotels in Hove. In 1948 it was purchased by the S.E. Electricity Board as their headquarters.

Location

Brighton and Hove Hove

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

hotel tourist holiday office power electricity victorian (1837 - 1901)