The Talbot Inn, Southwark, London

The Talbot Inn, Southwark, London
Photograph taken pre-1875 © Reproduced by permission of Historic England Archive ref: bb98/13440

The courtyard of the Talbot Inn with people and a goods wagon. It was formerly known as the Tabard Inn and was the legendary meeting place of the pilgrims in the Canterbury Tales. It was rebuilt in the 17th century and used as storerooms in the 19th century until it was demolished in the mid 1870s.

Location

Greater London Southwark

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

building inn transport coach cart people pilgrim Stuart (1603 - 1713)