The Town House, Church End, Barley, Hertfordshire

The Town House, Church End, Barley, Hertfordshire
Photograph taken 31 August 2001 © Mr Mike W. Hallett. Source Historic England Archive ref: 162527

This timber framed and jettied building was built in the early 16th century. It was originally a guildhall. It was later used as a marriage feast room, a free school, almshouses and village hall. The building was altered in c1853 and c1910. It was restored in 1969-72.

Location

Hertfordshire Barley

Period

Tudor (1485 - 1602)

Tags

timber framed architecture jettied school almshouse Tudor (1485 - 1602)