The Wool House (Maritime Museum), Southampton, Southampton
This warehouse was built after the French raid of 1338. It was built by Cistercian Monks. It was a storehouse for wool to be exported to Europe. It is the only surviving freestanding medieval warehouse in Southampton. In the 18th century it was used to house French prisoners of war. This was during the Seven Years War and Napoleonic Wars.