Town Hall, Bartholomews, Brighton, Brighton and Hove

Town Hall, Bartholomews, Brighton, Brighton and Hove
Photograph taken 02 August 2005 © Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive ref: 479446

The Town hall was built in 1830-1832 and enlarged in 1897-99. It was designed by Thomas Cooper in Greek Revival style. The walls are covered in Stucco. The Council Chamber is on the second floor and there were police holding cells in the basement.

Location

Brighton and Hove Brighton

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

town hall local government classical georgian (1714 - 1836)