Town Hall, High Street, Windsor, Windsor and Maidenhead
An exterior view of the south front of the Town Hall. The Town hall was designed by Sir Thomas Fitz and building began in 1686 on the site of the old Market House. It was completed by Sir Christopher Wren and was ready by October 1690. The design allowed for an open corn market below a meeting chamber. The building was extended in 1829. An early motor car can just be seen on the left.