Tullie House, 15, Abbey Street, Carlisle, Cumbria

Tullie House, 15, Abbey Street, Carlisle, Cumbria
Photograph taken 20 September 2006 © Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive ref: 386607

Tullie House was built in 1689 for Thomas Tullie who was later Dean of Carlisle. The house was extended in 1893 to provide a library, school of art, museum and technical institution. The building is now occupied by Tullie House Museum.

Location

Cumbria Carlisle

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

house library museum Victorian (1837 - 1901) Stuart (1603 - 1713)