University College, Shakespeare Street, Nottingham
A group gathered outside the main entrance to the University College, including civic dignitaries, academics, the police and a band. The former University College is now known as the Arkwright Building and is part of Nottingham Trent University. The building is highly decorated with statues and a frieze. It was built in 1877-81 by Lockwood & Mawson of Bradford. It is built in a Gothic revival style of architecture.