West Heath School, Richmond upon Thames, Greater London
Pupils in a carpentry class at the West Heath School for Young Ladies. The house became a 'school for young ladies' in 1879 under the guidance of the Reverend and Mrs Powers. It had formerly been home to HRH Robert Philippe, Duc de Chartres, grandson of King Louis Philippe of France. In c.1900 it was bought by teachers Miss Lawrence and Miss Skeat, who commissioned this photograph. In 1948 the building was taken over by the Cassel Hospital for 'functional nervous disorders'.