West Heath School, Richmond upon Thames, Greater London
Interior view of a shared bedroom in West Heath School for Young Ladies, 1 Ham Common. The building is an early 19th century house, originally called Morgan House. It was previously the home of the Duke of Chartres, and became West Heath School in c.1879 under the guidance of the Reverend and Mrs Powers. In c.1900 it was bought by teachers Miss Lawrence and Miss Skeat, who commissioned this photograph. It appears that this photograph documents the redecoration of this shared bedroom. It is pictured in an earlier series of photographs of the school by Bedford Lemere and Co, taken in 1902. The building later became the Cassel Hospital.