West Heath School, Richmond upon Thames, Greater London
A gym class at West Heath School for Young Ladies, 1 Ham Common. It became a school in c.1879 under the guidance of the Reverend and Mrs Powers. The building is an early 19th century house, previously the home of the Duke of Chartres. In c.1900 it was bought by teachers Miss Lawrence and Miss Skeat, who commissioned this photograph. The building later became the Cassel Hospital.