Witley Court, Great Witley, Worcestershire

Witley Court, Great Witley, Worcestershire
Photograph taken July 1996 © Copyright Historic England Archive Photo Library ref: j960125

Exterior north front of Witley Court, an early Jacobean manor house, which was converted in the 19th century into a vast Italianate mansion with porticoes by John Nash. The house, now in ruins, is surrounded by magnificent landscaped gardens. This property is now in the care of English Heritage (2010).

Location

Worcestershire Great Witley

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

country house building italianate architecture ruin site preservation victorian (1837 - 1901) english heritage