Historic England Recruitment Privacy Notice
We take your privacy seriously and treat all the information you give us with great care. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
Policy in Brief
If you’re applying for a role with Historic England, this privacy notice will help you understand the types of personal information we hold, why we process it, how we use it, who we share it with, how long we will keep it and the rights you have over it. It applies to personal information that we collect and generate in our capacity as a data controller (the entity that determines why and how it will be processed) through the application process. We recommend that you read the full notice to understand how we use your personal information.
At Historic England, we use the Applied platform to manage our recruitment. Applied aims to overcome unconscious bias in recruiting. Instead of using your CV, we ask you to answer questions to test skills and competencies needed for the role. Your responses are then anonymised and reviewed in a random order by our hiring team.
The Applied platform also asks some demographic questions before you start your application. We never see the responses to these demographic questions with your application. We only see summary statistics to help us check if our candidate pool is balanced and if everyone has an equal chance to get hired irrespective of their background. If you prefer, you can easily opt out of answering these questions.
The types of personal information we process:
- Personal information (e.g. name, email, telephone number and right to work in the UK)
- Skills and competencies (answers to application and interview questions or information created by us when assessing your application or performance at interview)
- Special category (equality, diversity and inclusion information should you wish to provide it)
- Criminal offences information (unspent convictions information)
Why we collect personal information:
- To progress your application and internal management of that application
- To respond to your queries and manage our relationship with you
- To comply with legal obligations arising out of the recruitment process
- To assess and monitor equality, diversity and inclusion of our candidate pool
- To fulfil our duty of care
- To respond to any legal claims
Keeping Your Information Secure
We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process. You can find more information about our security practices here.
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights. Information about your rights can be found here.
If you need to update information submitted on your application form, such as your email address or telephone number, please contact Applied’s Support Team at [email protected], who will help correct this for you and relay the updated information to us.
In this policy whenever you see the words ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ it refers to Historic England and The Historic England Foundation. You can find more information about us here.
Changes to This Policy
We will amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to ensure it remains up to date and accurately reflects how and why we use your personal data. The current version of this Privacy Notice will always be on our website.
Links to Third Party Websites
When submitting your application through the Applied website, they may place cookies on your device. If you agree to Applied’s use of your personal information for their own purposes, Applied’s use of your personal information is subject to their Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice, which can be accessed via their website.