The south front of the Tudor Barn at Well Hall viewed from across the north side of the moat

Date:
20 Feb 1930
Location:
Well Hall Farm, Tudor Barn, Well Hall Road, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/09005
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The South range (south front along with arm of moat & west end on northward continuation of west arm) from S.W.'.

There is also an additional note stating: 'This building later called the Tudor Barn and then Tudor Hall'

Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House. The surviving older buildings were used then used as farm buildings. Well Hall House was demolished in the summer of 1931 and the Tudor Barn was converted into an art gallery and restaurant in 1936. The grounds of the house, including the moat, became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Tudor Barn

Back
to top