This ship, built for North German Lloyd, was originally called the Zeppelin. After the First World War, it was given to the British as part of war reparation and in 1920 renamed SS Ormuz when it was owned by Orient Line. In 1927, it was sold back to North German Lloyd and renamed Dresden. This photograph was taken for Anderson, Green & Co Ltd who managed Orient Line.
Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Owner: Orient Line
Client: Anderson, Green And Company Limited
Photographer: Lemere, Henry Bedford: Bedford Lemere And Company
Early 20th Century Watercraft, Water Transport