The boundary of land owned by the War Department is edged with 'Lake', a crimson ink. Annotations in colour ink note that cottages and plots A and B will be transferred to H M Office of Works, with plot C and the tower retained. Further notes record an area to be sold to an individual, 'Mr. Headley'. The sheet also shows a table of property reference and accommodation.
The original sheet was created in 1864, then annotations added in 1925 prior to transfer. Sheet stamped 'D.O., R.E., Shorncliffe, Plan No. 1828/18'.
This is part of the Volume: PF/DMT Martello Tower Number 24, Dymchurch, Kent; within the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive
Copyright Crown copyright.MOD
People & Organisations
Creator of Archive: War Department
Georgian Martello Tower