Hand-tinted, annotated and amended copy of a labelled 'perambulation plan' of Martello Tower number twenty-four, known as Dymchurch Martello Tower, and the surrounding area, showing land to be transferred to H M Office of Works or sold privately

Date:
1925
Location:
Martello Tower Number 24, High Street, Dymchurch, Shepway, Kent
Reference:
MP/DMT0004
Type:
Measured Drawing

Image not available

Request a copy
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The sheet shows a plan of the tower and the surrounding land, tinted to indicate War Department ownerships and those parts to be sold to other parties. Also shown is a table of accommodation reference. The plan has been adapted to record perambulations of the site between 1905 and 1913, presumably to inspect the site. Sheet marked 'superseded' and 'see new plan p.36/58'.

Content

This is part of the Volume: PF/DMT Martello Tower Number 24, Dymchurch, Kent; within the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive

Rights

Copyright Crown copyright.MOD

People & Organisations

Creator of Archive: War Department

Keywords

Georgian Martello Tower