A series of 7 black and white negatives taken for the Ministry of Works showing a M.O.W. Distribution Centre at Ruddington. This is believed to the former Ruddington Ordnance and Supply Depot, originally built as a Royal Ordnance Factory in circa 1940. After the war the site was decommissioned and became a storage area for ex-military vehicles and other surplus equipment from the armed forces. From July 1946 it was used as a site for auctioning surplus goods. The original Ministry of Works storage envelope lists the operator as “F” and the division as “D.D.T.H”.
This Volume contains the following materials:
Source: Historic England Archive
Mid 20th Century Distribution Centre