Landscape Advice Note: The Treatment of Dead Wood in Historic Parks and Gardens
This Landscape Advice Note looks at how dead wood can be integrated in the presentation of historic parks and gardens that is
- in keeping with the aesthetics of the landscape design; and
- beneficial for wildlife.
The Note also briefly considers duties of care to people, property and livestock.
- What is dead wood?
- Treatment of dead wood in parks and gardens
- Opportunities to integrate dead wood as habitat
- Archaeological features
- Site safety and access
- A conservation management plan policy example
- References and web sites
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
- Product Code: 51670
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516