Heritage Counts in the East Midlands
This year the East Midland Historic Environment forum decided not to publish a regional report. However, East Midland local area data is available in the Local Authority Profile section and regional data is available on the Indicators page, detailed below.
Historic environment indicators
The Heritage Counts indicators for the East Midlands can be found on the Indicators page and data is categorised into five spreadsheets:
- Discovery, identification and understanding: Provides indicators on the scale and scope of the historic environment and assets
- Constructive conservation and sustainable management: Includes indicators on the overall condition of the historic environment with indicators from the Heritage at Risk programme and data on managing the historic environment including planning statistics
- Public engagement: Presents data on participation in heritage, heritage membership and volunteering in the sector
- Capacity building: Indicators of heritage investments from private, public and voluntary sectors as well as the skills and capacity of the sector
- Helping things to happen: Includes indicators of the importance of guardianship
A map showing the distribution of listed buildings in the East Midlands is available here:
- Not produced in 2014, 2015 or 2016
Local Engagement Adviser, East Midlands
Also of interest...
Find out what's happening in the local historic environment throughout the East Midlands.