Support and Advice
Support for Heritage Champions
- Our Heritage Champions Handbook explains what a Champion can do and what support is available to you
- We provide direct, one-to-one support through events and training. At these events Heritage Champions can keep up to date on recent developments, develop skills and share ideas with other Champions
- We connect Heritage Champions to local networks. Your local Historic England office may be able to make contact with Champions in neighbouring authorities and develop local networks where you can share advice and discuss cross-border issues
We produce a quarterly newsletter for Heritage Champions. Online versions of previous issues are available here:
Other sources of advice
In addition, Historic England has published advice documents and research reports which Heritage Champions find useful:
- The joint publication with the Local Government Association Making the most of your heritage assets
- The annual Heritage Counts reports, which include resources such as the Local Authority Profiles. Heritage Champions find these useful for understanding the scope of heritage in any given local authority
- For more details, see our Local Management page. This provides information on local authority and community management of the historic environment
Also of interest...
See how Heritage Champions across the country support the protection of the historic environment at a local level.