Heritage Counts in the North West
This year the North West Historic Environment forum decided not to publish a regional report. However, North West local area data is available in the Local Authority Profile section and regional data is available on the Indicators page, detailed below.
Historic environment indicators
The Heritage Counts indicators for the North West can be found on the Indicators page and data is categorised into five spreadsheets:
- Discovery, identification and understanding: Provides indicators on the scale and scope of the historic environment and assets
- Constructive conservation and sustainable management: Includes indicators on the overall condition of the historic environment with indicators from the Heritage at Risk programme and data on managing the historic environment including planning statistics
- Public engagement: Presents data on participation in heritage, heritage membership and volunteering in the sector
- Capacity building: Indicators of heritage investments from private, public and voluntary sectors as well as the skills and capacity of the sector
- Helping things to happen: Includes indicators of the importance of guardianship
A map showing the distribution of listed buildings in the North West is available here:
- Not produced in 2014, 2015 or 2016
Principal Local Engagement Adviser, North West
Also of interest...
A Heritage Action Zone has been announced for Appleby. Read about this and other local heritage news across the North West region.