Heritage Counts in the North West
This year the North West Historic Environment forum decided not to publish a regional report. However, North West local area data is available on the Local Authority Profile page.
As in previous years, Heritage Counts provides a summary of historic environment indicators including an analysis of staffing levels, heritage at risk, planning applications and visitor, education and volunteering figures.
Historic environment indicators
The Heritage Counts indicators for the North West can be found on the Indicators page and data is categorised into five spreadsheets:
- Discovery, identification and understanding: Provides indicators on the scale and scope of the historic environment and assets
- Constructive conservation and sustainable management: Includes indicators on the overall condition of the historic environment with indicators from the Heritage at Risk programme and data on managing the historic environment including planning statistics
- Public engagement: Presents data on participation in heritage, heritage membership and volunteering in the sector
- Capacity building: Indicators of heritage investments from private, public and voluntary sectors as well as the skills and capacity of the sector
- Helping things to happen: Includes indicators of the importance of guardianship
Maps showing the distribution of designated heritage assets in the North West are available here:
Principal Local Engagement Adviser, North West
Also of interest...
How plans for Dee House and Chester Amphitheatre allow for the layered history of the site and other local heritage news.