Reception House, Hammersmith Cemetery, Margravine Road W6 - Hammersmith and Fulham

Single-storey octagonal brick building with a slate roof, circa 1869, probably by George Saunders, built to provide temporary resting places for bodies prior to burial. The rainwater goods are inadequate and failing, leading to deterioration of stone dressings, brickwork and mortars. The Friends of Margravine Cemetery funded a costed condition survey. The Local Authority is commissioning consultants to oversee repair and conservation works, working with the Friends of Margravine Cemetery and Historic England to identify appropriate funding sources.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Reception House, Hammersmith Cemetery
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1436663
    Local Planning Authority:
    Hammersmith and Fulham
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Chapel

Location

    Building Name:
    Reception House
    County:
    Greater London
    District / Borough:
    Hammersmith and Fulham
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Hammersmith
    Region:
    London and South East

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Building or structure
    Condition:
    Poor
    Occupancy / Use:
    Not applicable
    Priority:
    A - Immediate risk of further rapid deterioration or loss of fabric; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    A
    Ownership:
    Local authority
    Designation:
    Listed Building grade II, CA

Contact Details

Adam O'Neill (LPA) 020 8753 3318