Current Research Programme
You can find out about our current research programme, which includes:
- Understanding the social and economic value of heritage
- Identifying and recording new sites to guide future planning decisions
- Looking at the performance of historic buildings and the best ways of conserving their physical fabric
- Research into the opportunities and threats facing the historic environment
- Contributing to the National Heritage Science Strategy
You can also see selected highlights of our current research work in our Latest Research pages, incorporating Historic England Research magazine.