This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
603/8/1 Church of St Edith 15-JAN-68 (Formerly listed as: Church of St Editha)
Parish church. Late C12 in origin: to this period belong the nave and nave arcade C13; aisle C14; chancel, chapel and vestry C15; porch and organ chamber modern; no chancel arch. Restored 1886 by C Lynam. A notable feature is the very large East window. INTERIOR: Chapel has panelled cambered beam roof. Good early Cl9 mural monuments to Maria Wright Crockett. Extensive display of stained-glass by Kempe.
Listing NGR: SJ8486817624
Copyright IoE Mr Chris Ayre. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Ayre, Chris
Rights Holder: Ayre, Chris
Timber, Medieval Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative