This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SS94SE TIMBERSCOMBE CP CHURCH STREET (Nest side)
7/95 Churchyard cross, in churchyard about 10 metres south south east of porch, Church of St Petrock -
Churchyard cross. C14, restored 1896. Granite base, red sandstone socket and base of shaft, extended with crucifix addition in Ham stone. Square base inscribed;'... in memoriam William Baily Whitehead Vicar MDCCCXV - MDCCCLIII', socket and circular shaft continued as octagon with neck band, cavetto moulded and crenellated, surmounted by crucifix in gabled niche. (Photograph in NMR; Pooley, Old Crosses of Somerset, 1877; Kellys Directory, 1906).
Listing NGR: SS9559442069
Copyright IoE Mr R.M Rayner. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Rayner, R.M
Rights Holder: Rayner, R.M
Granite, Ham Hill Stone, Sandstone, Medieval Cross, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site, Commemorative Monument, Commemorative