This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST5515NE YEOVIL CP SOUTH STREET (South side)
8/113 The Baptist Hall & Schoolrooms
Assembly Hall and Schoolrooms, 1868. Ham stone random coursed ashlared stones with contrasting stone dressings, Welsh slate roof. 2-storey facade of 3-bays to South street, with deep plinth capped by moulded cill string, rusticated quoins, string course to first floor and dentilled cornice surmounted by simple parapet.
Ground floor windows of 10-pane semi-circular headed sash windows set in architraves with keystones: those to first flow also arched casements with 8-panes, with plain reveals up to impost/string level and arched architrave/label without keystones. There is a matching return of 3-bays on the west side (abutting the Church). The interior not inspected. Part of the 1868 extension of the Baptist Church, providing the first Non-conformist Sunday School in Yeovil (c.f. St Johns' School founded in 1818).
Listing NGR: ST5559715860
Copyright IoE Mr Brian Haigh. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Haigh, Brian
Rights Holder: Haigh, Brian
Ashlar, Ham Hill Stone, Stone, Welsh Slate, Victorian School Hall, Education, Assembly Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building, Schoolroom, Sunday School, School, Baptist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship