This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SJ 78 SE ASHLEY C.P. MOBBERLEY ROAD
4/15 Lower House Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Early C18 with C19 additions. Red English garden wall bond brick. Slate roof. Single range with C19 wing and outshut to rear. Two storeys. Entrance front of 3 bays, central basket arched window (probably originally doorway) with tablet above containing latin inscription identifying house as built by William Meredith Bart in 1733 and remodelled by Egerton of Tatton in 1888. Windows to either side have splayed heads with keystones, containing 3-light casements; upper windows have replaced voussoirs. Porch to left-hand side of 1888 forming entry to hunting lodge of one room only of two bays superimposed on extreme left hand bay and causing removal of penultimate left-hand window to the right. Gable ends both have round openings (now bricked in). C19 ovolo-moulded ground floor window of 2 lights to right-hand side gable end.
Interior: long, stout, chamfered and end stopped beams to parlour and present kitchen.
Listing NGR: SJ7792583383
Copyright IoE Mr F. Bryan Basketter. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Basketter, F. Bryan
Rights Holder: Basketter, F. Bryan
Brick, Slate, Stuart Farmhouse, Georgian Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Hunting Lodge, Recreational, Hunting Site